- Explore Knossos Archaeological Site - the heart of the Minoan kingdom, one of the most fascinating ancient cities in the world, the top archeological site of Crete - as you enjoy the storytelling of our expert guide.
- Get all your answers about how the olive oil is produced at the boutique organic Olive Oil Farm. We explain how an olive oil should smell and feel. Taste the season’s produce and learn how to pick the best quality olive oil OR
- Smooth the dense, Minoan-soaked experience by tasting the local wine varieties of Crete and take a sneak peek some at some of the secrets of the winemaking at renowned, family-owned winery in the heart of Crete's winemaking region.
- Catch a glimpse of a traditional village life in Archanes, named as one of the most picturesque in Crete, and enjoy a delicious lunch or the well-brewed Greek coffee in traditional kafenion.
- God Zeus surely knew what he is doing by choosing sacred Mount Juktas as his final resting place. So did Minoans when erecting here their fist ever peak sanctuary. Learn about some of the secret, wild rituals of Minoans, while enjoying a breathtaking view over North coast of Crete and lighting a candle in a small chapel on the mountaintop.
Alternatively we can offer
- To delve through the Archaeological Museum - the world's greatest showcase of Minoan artefacts (1ha) OR to Visit the Minoan complex at Vathipetro
This day tour comprises the highlight of Minoan civilization led by our expert guide, the best wine experience of Crete (or Olive Oil, alternatively), delicious food and panoramic view - get your camera ready!
The re-built Knossos Archaeological site was at the heart of Minoan civilisation while
the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion has collected the exquisite finds and selected assortment of Minoan masterpieces from across the island.
Crete is home to wonderful wine varieties. Exotic-sounding vilana, kostifali, vidiano are only some of the Cretan indigenous grapes. Wine making in Crete can be traced down to antiquity and
Cretan winemakers have managed to produce excellent, award-winning wines. On of them – the renowned family-owned winery where we will enjoy the winetasting
The lunch in a small, traditional, family-owner taverns home-grown and freshly prepared delicacies
is a must and not an exception during our tours. Here is the opportunity to get the taste of truly authentic Cretan dishes.
The sacred Mount Yuchtas was the first Minoan peak sanctuary and the final resting place of the greatest God of Greek Antiquity- Zeus. Enjoy the breathtaking view over the North coast of Crete and collect your own wild herbs.
Catch a glimpse of a traditional village life in Archanes - wonder its narrow pathways where a life takes place hidden from the public eye; village's main square, where the Cretans gather around the glass of raki (local spirit) and play with their komboloi, are the social centres of the island.
It is a full day tour (6 - 8 hours), either from Heraklion (about 1 ha driving time, roundtrip), Agios Nikolaos area (2.5 ha driving time, roundtrip) or Rethymno area (2.5 ha driving time, roundtrip).
Note: this is a private tour and can be modified according to your interests and preferences
Learn the early mythology of King Minos and the Minoans, and feel the ruins of ancient cities come to life in the company of our guides - all of whom are experts.